Friday, May 11, 2007

A Bachelor's Thought

Posted in Friendster March 2005

I am single.
I am proud of that. I am not a woman-hater and like all men, I also dream of finding the right woman for me. I want to raise my own family someday. I dream of having a big house with two little boys and a little girl playing around. Call me corny or whatever you want but I also dream of that day when I will be wearing my expensive suit or barong, smiling my heart out, tears of joy falling, waiting, while looking at my lovely bride walking down the aisle to exchange vows of our eternal love before God.
So, why am I still single?
Priorities. Although having a family of my own is one of my life-long goals in life, it is not at the top of my priorities at the moment. I believe a real MAN should know how to separate things that needs to be done right away from the things that are important but must wait for the right time.
One of my top-most priorities now is to establish myself financially. Although I have a nice job with a somewhat-nice pay, I don’t think it would be enough for me to stand on my own. I am one of those men with a mark on their forehead that says – “PRIDE”. I want to be self-supportive before I ask someone to marry me. If I don’t have a house and lot by the age of 30, then I will not be married by the age of 30. It’s that simple.
Another priority is to mature more emotionally and spiritually. I believe I can always do better when it comes to the way I think, feel, and the way I relate with God. I want to improve on these aspects. I want to be the “perfect” husband and father for my family. I know that there is no such thing as “perfect” but I wanted to be that. It is my goal, at least. I believe it will push me to become a better person than what I am today. And there is nothing better than a God-centered family.
Do not accuse me of running away from something that I haven’t tried. I was also in a relationship once. And I know the blissful feelings that you get as a package deal for getting a girlfriend. It’s good. It’s just that my relationship paradigm has shifted to a higher level. Today, if I get involved in courtship, I can assure you, it’s for keeps. I will not court a woman that I don’t want to marry… I will not court a woman whom I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with. I don’t know… maybe at an early age, the youthful enthusiasm to collect then select has left me. But one thing I know is I love how I think today an I know it is better.
Call me whatever you want… I have my own life… I am single… I am in control with my life… and I am going to do what I think is right with it.

No comments: