Friday, May 11, 2007

Curse of the Crimson Clouds

Posted in Friendster July 2006

I'm not sure if it is just my eyes making fun of me or there's something in the sky... I saw crimson clouds tonight.
The rain is pouring hard, harder than it used to... and the dark barren night sky is made more gloomy by the blood-stained clouds scattered ingeniously as if someone's trying to make fun of my unlucky eyes... making this naturally trivial occurence seem like a devil's master plan.
But my eyes are weak tonight, my body weaker... soon I found myself walking towards the pouring rain. I can feel the mocking gashes of the wind as I come closer to the open and I can sense that it won't do me any good, but my feet are too stupid. Soon, the rain got into my eyes... thousands of droplets per second... and it made the clouds more devilish than before... but it didn't hurt... instead, I felt a searing pain pounding me from the inside... the rain must have reached my soul. Stupid me! I was so overwhelmed by the horrific yet inviting sight of the crimson clouds that I did not notice the millions of droplets seeping through every pores of my now soaked skin...
I have to get out of the rain... before it consumes me. But how? I can't even move my feet now... there's too much mud that I can't even raise them... Why the hell did I put myself in this situation? I could have waited inside... the rain would definitely stop and a new sunrise would come... but no, I had to step out and take all the pounding. Why!?
Maybe because I stared too long at the crimson clouds... no, they are not clouds! They are beasts! Beasts looking at the creatures of the Earth, searching every soul, smelling the weakness in each one of us... and with their invisible tails and talons, they would ensnare those unlucky ones not strong enough to reject the crimson clouds' temptation.
Be ashamed of yourself, you weak fool!!! That's my conscience speaking. You definitely are stronger than that! Don't let those pink cotton puffs rule over you! Show them the man you really are! Start walking towards the shelter and dry yourself up! These cotton candies do not exist!!! They are just hallucinations animated by your previous experience of rain and thunder storms... Don't let these dirty betadine-soaked cotton balls cover your sky. And don't let it spoil the blissful sunrise you are hoping for! Snap out of it!
Right. I shouldn't have come out in the first place. I have to go inside... extremely difficult but certainly not impossible... I need to sit by the fire and dry myself up or else I'll be blazing with fever when the sunrise comes...
It's going to be a long bad-weathered evening... But I won't look at the crimson clouds again... and no one can stop me to wait for that wonderful sunrise that I am hoping for...

No comments: