Friday, May 11, 2007

I want to be a...

Posted in Friendster May 2005

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a:
DOCTOR - "I wanted to be a doctor to help the sick." I think almost every child wanted to be a doctor. It is not because they knew that doctors are one of the highest-earners but just because this is one of the professions that a child gets to know at an early age...
SOLDIER - "I wanted to be a soldier to fight for the country." Same as the doctor, the soldier is one of the careers I knew at an early age. And I always see them in textbooks. Also, back then... during the "baril-barilan" days, for a child, if you are a soldier... you're a "WOW! A real SOLDIER!"
FIREMAN - I don't want to fight fire and I never dreamt of that. I just wanted to be a fireman because it sounds cool... "Fireman!"
SCIENTIST - Someone wearing a white suit, looking at microscopes, disecting cats... this is one of the professions I wanted to be when I was a kid. It's easy, you just have to look at microscopes and disect cats and frogs... well so I thought
MAGICIAN - The glory days of David Copperfield gave me the passion to start practicing tricks and show them off to my friends. Imagine?! I really wanted to be a magician?! Wow! Now, where are my decks of cards?
CHESS MASTER - Not the PC game. I mean a real Chess Master. I wanted to follow the steps of my idols Kasparov, Karpov, Annand, and other "Iron-board pushers" that roamed the face of the Soviet Union... and Fischer of course. I am always fascinated with Chess. Chess is my first love.
PAINTER - When I first got hold of crayons, watercolors, and pastels, I knew it already... I am going to be an artist... I will paint my own portrait and that of my dog... then it will be displayed in a museum... then I will have a mustache and will wear those stripe pants and berets... speaking with a French accent
SUPERHERO - I wanted to be a superhero... the likes of superman, batman, wolverine, and mighthor. I don't care if they don't have fashion sense. I don't care if they wear their underwear outside their pants. They look cool and I wanted to be like them
PRESIDENT - Now, I don't know who was responsible for this... I just woke up one day and told my mom I wanted to be the President of the Philippines...
PASTOR - Believe it or not... when I was a kid, I really wanted to be a pastor. I dreamt of standing one day in the pulpit... in front of many people... preaching the words of God. Just like my uncle
MOVIE ACTOR - I wanted to be a movie actor. I wanted to go to Hollywood and meet Sylvester and Arnie. I wanted to film my own movie. I wanted to have my own blonde leading lady. I wanted to shoot the bartender in a bar in the wild west. And I am still a kid
ASTRONAUT - You missed childhood if you never dreamt of walking in the moon and floating in space. I had my set of Space gadgets back then... space gun, space suit, space gizmos, and a space ship made of boxes and blankets
ENGINEER - I did not know what Engineers actually do. All I know is that they wear hard yellow hats in text books and your parents wanted you to be like them. Engineer seems cool though...
PILOT - Flying planes seems soooo cool... Someday I will fly my own plane... and yes, when I was a kid, I believed that pilots do live in the sky...

No comments: