Friday, May 11, 2007

The Cigarette Ghost

Posted in Friendster May 2005

Last time, I broadcasted here in friendster that I would be quitting my 24/7 smoking habit. After a month of nerve-racking, blood-sweating self-control, with God's help, I was able to do so... (Hurrah!!! Wooohooo!!! What a feat!!!) But was it the end of the story? Hell no!!!
I don't actually believe that the dead do rise from their graves... but something tells me, some kind of Cigarette ghost is stalking me... About a month ago, during the glory days of my victory over Cigarettes, weird thoughts started to enter my inactive mind... thoughts like- "How would it taste if I take just one puff... just for the fun of it...", "What if everyone around me is smoking? Will I be forced to join in?", "Is it actually a sin to smoke? Where can you find it in the bible?". It was actually scary to find myself smiling on these thoughts. The good thing is, when reality knocks in, I would push these temptations out of my mind and try to find better things to think about and do.
But the devil did its homework... the cigarette ghost would actually reveal himself during those times when I am spiritually and emotionally weak or, like one of my crazy thoughts, when everyone else around me is smoking. "Just one puff won't hurt"... I heard myself saying.
Soon, I was puffing my lungs out again... GREAT!!!
The cigarette ghost is starting to consume me piece by piece... and if I don't do anything... I'll find myself back to the old days holding one pack of marlboro lights and saying "Dejavu!!!".
It's time to call the Ghostbusters!!!
...to be continued

No comments: